Original research article:
- Early discharge of patients (within 24 h) after percutaneous coronary intervention is feasible and safe in Indian setup.
Refai Showkathali, Radhapriya Yalamanchi, Abraham Oomman
Indian Heart Journal. 2020 April
To read the full paper, click here.. 24 hr discharge paper_IHJ
2. Incidental findings during TAVI work-up: More than just an inconvenience.
Refai Showkathali, Arup Sen, Rafal Dwarakowski, Beth Brickham, Olaf Wendler, Philip MacCarthy. King’s College Hospital, London.
Eurointervention. 2015 Aug;11(4):465-9
To read the full paper, click here…Incidental findings_TAVI
3. Multi-disciplinary clinic: Next step in “Heart team” approach for TAVI.
Refai Showkathali, Raj Chelliah, Beth Brickham, Rafal Dworakowski, Emma Alcock, Ranjit Deshpande, Olaf Wendler, Philip MacCarthy, Jonathan Byrne.
Int J Cardiol. 2014;174(2):453-5
To read the full paper, click here…MDM clinic TAVI paper
4. Should primary percutaneous coronary intervention be the routine reperfusion strategy in octogenarians presenting with ST elevation myocardial infarction?
Refai Showkathali, Edney Boston-Griffiths, Michael Parker, John R Davies, Gerald J Clesham, Jeremy W Sayer, Paul A Kelly, Rajesh K Aggarwal. The Essex CTC, UK
J Cardiovasc Med. 2014; 15(1):53-9
To access the article via Pubmed, click here http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24500237
5. Typical Takotsubo Cardiomyopathy in ST elevation myocardial infarction patients admitted for primary percutaneous coronary intervention.
Refai Showkathali, Hetalkumar Patel, Anil Ramoutar, Alamgir M Kabir, Jeremy W Sayer, Gerald J Clesham, Rajesh K Aggarwal, Paul A Kelly.
Eur J Intern Med. 2014 Feb;25(2):132-6.
To read the full paper, click here…TCM_EJIM_paper
6. Comparison of Bivalirudin with Heparin versus Abciximab with Heparin for primary percutaneous coronary intervention in “real-world” practice.
Refai Showkathali, John R Davies, Michael Parker, Wasing Taggu, Kare H Tang, Gerald J Clesham, Reto A Gamma, Jeremy W Sayer, Rajesh K Aggarwal, Paul A Kelly.
Cardiovasc Revasc Med. 2013 14(5):289-93
To read the full paper, click here…Bivalirudin vs Abciximab paper
7. The advantages of a consultant led primary percutaneous coronary intervention service on patient outcome.
Refai Showkathali, John R Davies, Jeremy W Sayer, Paul A Kelly, Rajesh K Aggarwal, Gerald J Clesham. The Essex Cardiothoracic centre, UK
QJM. 2013 Nov;106(11):989-94
To read the full paper, click here…Out of hrs PPCI
8. Current case mix and results of catheter ablation of regular supraventricular tachycardia: are we giving unrealistic expectation to patients?
Refai Showkathali, Mark J Earley, Maysaa Alzetani, Stuart Harris, Dhiraj Gupta, Peter Kistler, Simon Sporton, Anthony W Nathan, Richard J Schilling.
Europace. November 2007; 9(11): 1064 – 1068
To read the full paper, click here…SVT results
9. Radio frequency ablation of arrhythmias guided by non-fluoroscopic catheter location: A prospective randomized trial.
Mark J Earley, Refai Showkathali, Maysaa Alzetani, Peter M Kistler, Dhiraj Gupta, Dominic J Abram, Julie A Horrocks, Stuart Harris, Simon C Sporton, Richard J Schilling.
Eur. Heart J. 2006 May; 27:1223 – 1229
To read the full paper, click here…RFA_RCT
10. Right atrial flutter isthmus ablation is feasible and results in acute clinical improvement in patients with persistent atrial flutter and severe pulmonary arterial hypertension
Refai Showkathali, Muzahir H. Tayebjee, Julia Grapsa, Maysaa Alzetani, Petros Nihoyannopoulos, Luke S Howard, David C Lefroy, J Simon R Gibbs. Hammersmith Hospital
Int J Cardiol. 2011; 149(2):279-80
To read the full paper, click here…PHT ablation paper